How do you celebrate a birthday leap year?

By | 10:35:00 p.m. Leave a Comment
Once every four years, people born on February 29 actually come to celebrate her birthday. That's right, Monday is a leap day, the extra day added every four years to help solve the problem that although our calendar year is 365 days, the solar year - the amount of time it takes the Earth to orbit the sun - is 365.24219 days.

NPR asked namely babies jumping about is usually held, and here is what some of you said.

Joel Strack of Orlando, Florida.

Typically, in a scenario birthday year is not a leap year, you could go to a local pub, and when it gets close to midnight, I will enter the countdown mode - draw some attention to myself and say " my birthday come in four, three, two, one - oh, it's over. " And then have a drink of beer.

I'm excited about my next leap year, because I will be turning 15 and I'm going to throw me a quinceanera. It will be fabulous.

Kate Bowen from Carlsbad, California.

This year I'm on my second child on the 29th was a big surprise for both. It's great. So we think it's a one in 2.1 million chance of mother and child, both being born on leap day. I am so ready for this baby out, so Monday is looking like the perfect day for that to happen.

Emily Clayton Austin, Texas

Usually, in my non-leap year birthday just I make a casual dinner. But this year, because I'll be going around 6 am having a '90s-themed party at a skating rink. You have to go big, as only get a birthday every four years.

Peter Campbell of New York City through South Africa

I like to celebrate my birthday traditionally leap year in the years when no leap year for having a birthday party two days. Normally, birthday party my leap year by having a party in the style of the age I am becoming. In this case, 8. The last time we had a bouncy castle with garden games, balloons and streamers and all behaved as if we were 7 years old.

Charlotte Massey Leavenworth, Wash., Now at the University of Middlebury

Usually I celebrate my birthday by having a normal birthday party, usually it is subject after something that interests me at the time. But because it is a leap year, I am celebrating the same way I did when I was 5 years old, and she was a princess birthday party dinosaur theme.

Susan Whitford Dover, NH

I sing in a choir of 200 voices of women in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, and if your birthday falls on the night of the trial - which on Monday will be - the 200 women of my choir I will sing "Happy Birthday" while I am in front of the whole group. And having had that happen once before 20 years I have belonged to the choir, it's amazing to have 200 people sing just for you.

Lisa Ashworth Clark of Belmont, NC

When I was 15 years ago in North Carolina, I went to get a driver's license at the DMV on February 28 because there were 29. And that would not allow me to get a driving license that day. So I was forced to go back ... the next day, on March 1.

Judy Lange, a schoolteacher withdrawal of Paragould, Arkansas.

I'll be really sweet 16 this year. ... Especially schooling that was really unique, because children go home and say "I have a teacher who is younger than me."

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Comenta tu opinión, Tu eres parte de la noticia.