supports Sanders Tulsi Gabbard

By | 5:56:00 p.m. Leave a Comment
Bernie Sanders received his highest profile endorsement of Congress still Sunday morning as Tulsi Gabbard Hawaii Rep announced his resignation from his position as vice president of the Democratic National Committee to support the Vermont senator in his presidential candidacy ..

"I have taken my responsibilities as an officer of the DNC seriously, respected and the need to remain neutral in our primary. However, after much thought and consideration, I have decided that I can not remain neutral and sit on the sidelines any longer" Gabbard wrote in an email to his fellow officers DNC, obtained by POLITICO.

"There is a clear difference between the two candidates regarding my firm belief that we must put an end to the policies of regime change, interventionists that have cost us so much. This is just another 'problem'. This is the problem and is very personal for me. Therefore, I have decided to resign as deputy chairman of the DNC so you can support Bernie Sanders in their efforts to win the Democratic nomination in the 2016 presidential race. "

The measure was first announced on "Meet the Press," where moderator Gabbard Chuck Todd said, "As a veteran and as a soldier I have seen firsthand the true cost of war. I served in a medical unit during my first deployment where every day I saw firsthand the very high human cost of war, "Gabbard, a veteran of the Gulf war said.

"I think it's more important for us, if you look at our decisions as to who will be our next commander in chief, is to recognize the need for a commander in chief who has no foresight, exercise good judgment, that goes beyond the consequences, look at the consequences of actions that are looking to take before they take those actions, so we do not follow we are in these failures that have resulted in chaos in the Middle East and much loss of life. "

DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz acknowledged the resignation of Gabbard said in a statement, saying: "I look forward to continue working with her when she joins our group behind who emerges as our candidate."

Gabbard is the fourth member of Congress to pass Sanders, who comes from a 48-point thrashing at the hands of Hillary Clinton in South Carolina on Saturday. She joins repetitions. Raul Grijalva of Arizona, Keith Ellison of Minnesota and Peter Welch of Vermont.

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Comenta tu opinión, Tu eres parte de la noticia.